Sunday, June 3, 2012

Carter in the Hospital

I got a phone call Monday(April 9) morning telling me that Carter was in the hospital and would I be able to come and take care of Kendra.  I talked to my boss and got the rest of the week off.  A couple hours later Laura called and said everything was taken care of for the week and I didn't need to come.  I worried and called all week.  Carter was still in the hospital Friday so I took the next week off work and flew to Utah Saturday morning.(Friday I found out I got the job at Hofstetter.  I will be working until June 8.) Lyn, my sister, came and picked me up at the airport and took me to the hospital.  We visited for a while and Laura said she didn't need me until Sunday evening so I went home with Lyn.  We enjoyed the evening and I went to church with her the next morning.  After church Laura called and needed me immediately and she came and picked me up.  She has been sick all week and needed a break.  She spent the night at home and got some rest and then left early Monday morning to be with Carter.  Carter returned home Tuesday and is doing well. Laura is getting the much needed rest and is starting to feel  better.  Jim flew to Salt Lake Friday for Ryan and Danielle's wedding Saturday. Friday night we all went out to dinner and then went bowling to celebrate my birthday at the end of the month.  Jim will be out of town on my birthday so we celebrated early. We spent all day Saturday with wedding and reception.  We went to church with Laura's family and Mom and Dad Divis came also. We flew to Denver Sunday afternoon and then home Monday morning.
Photo I received on my phone April 9
 Photo I received on Friday
 Carter Saturday when I came to visit
Some of Lyn's family on Sunday
 Kendra playing outside when my parents came to visit
 Carter at the end of the week
Carter just before I left

Danielle and Ryan married in the Salt Lake Temple

Unfortunately Carter got sick again the next week with the Sister virus and had to receive breathing treatment every one to two hours for a week.  He almost had to got back to the hospital but he finally started to get better.
He is now doing great and sleeping through the night again.

No comments: