Friday, May 15, 2015

Europe Trip Day 2 Guenther's

Sunday April 19, 2015
The Guenther's came and got us for church at 8:30.  Jing Jin is the Primary president in their ward.  The chorister called that morning and was not able to come to church.  They have their Primary first so I offered to lead the music in Primary.  That was an experience.  I know the songs but not in German.  I waved my arm to the beat of the music and moved my lips, trying to sing in German but glad the children could not hear me.  I went to Sunday School with Jim even though I cannot understand what they are saying. During Sacrament meeting we sat with Thomas and his family.  We went to their house for lunch.  We had an enjoyable meal prepared by Jing Jin and her daughters.  After lunch Thomas and Jing Jin took us to the Tele tower at Hoherodskopt and the Nidda Reservoir. We came back to their house for dinner and visited with the younger girls until they brought us back to our hotel that night.  I loved listening to them tell of their life experiences.  Jing Jin and her girls speak German, English and Mandarin.  The first part of our trip has been wonderful because Jing Jin speaks to me in English.




No comments: